The Slishman Traction Splint (STS) uses proximal traction, which is adjusted from the hip, allowing the patient to assist in the adjustment to minimize pain. Proximal traction also makes the STS convenient for application inside tight spaces, such as helicopters or entrapment. The design of the STS prevents it from extending past the foot, allowing for better fit in transport sleds, baskets, helicopters and ambulances.
The STS is visible on X-ray but the aluminum material does not obstruct visualization of dense bone.
Replacement straps are available.
• Applies traction from the hip
• Adjustable and one size fits all
• Easy application of traction with a pulley system
• Can be used on amputated lower extremities
• Does not extend by the patient’s foot
• Can be applied proximal to the calf if lower leg trauma is present
• Can be use in pre-hospital and hospital environments
• Requires minimal training