Roll-Up Evacuation Stretcher:
The Saviour Technical Stretcher is a rapid response stretcher to evacuate casualties safely from hazardous areas. Up to six persons can carry the Saviour and there are eyelets that can be used with the lifting harness or drag straps. This allows for vertical lifting and lowering, as well as dragging or hauling along evacuation routes. The Saviour Technical may also be lifted horizontally using an approved lifting strap.
The Saviour stretcher is made of low-density polyethylene, is X-Ray translucent and can also be used in CT scanners.
Features and Advantages:
- works well in wet or sandy environments
- floats when dropped overboard, unloaded
- floats when loaded with a patient in a lifejacket
- features chest straps that cross the thorax and a figure 8 foot harness to allow for vertical lifting
- head and foot harnesses allow for a one-person drag rescue
- 6 soft carrying handles
- can be carried by 2 or 4 people and if needed “carrying poles” can be threaded through the handles if in the situation where only 2 rescuers are available
- a head hugger system protects the immobilizes the patient’s head, with or without a neck collar
- colored coded straps for fast and easy connection
- all straps can be replaced
- after patient use, rinse the stretcher with cold water and if needed a low pressure washer can be used; body fluids should be washed and cleaned from the stretcher and straps by using a non-corrosive disinfectant and then rinsed in fresh water before storing for next use